Fishing Trips, Holidays, Vacation & Experiences
There are many types of fishing and so many locations worldwide to try them , that fishing is a fantastic sporting passion for the traveler. Here you can find a range of articles of fishing experiences and travel ideas.
Everything you need to know about spearfishing. Where to try it, beginner advice, the equipment you need, techniques, and tips.
What is ice fishing, what equipment do you need, the best time & when to go, equipment, places in the USA, ice fishing tips, and safety.
What are the best deep-sea fishing locations in USA? Locations include Hawaii, Florida, and Cape Cod, whether experienced or a beginner.
Whether you’re an experienced fisher or just starting out, these 10 amazing places offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy a fishing vacation or holiday abroad.
1. Costa Rica: From sea bass to tarpon, Costa Rica is perfect for experiencing some of the best saltwater fishing in the world. With the warm Caribbean waters, it is also a great place to try your hand at fly-fishing.
2. Alaska: Excellent for salmon and trout. The Kenai River in Alaska is a particularly good location to experience salmon fishing and worth heading to.
3. The Bahamas: Experience some of the best bonefishing in the world as you journey through the crystal-clear waters of this Caribbean archipelago. The shallow flats and warm temperatures make it a great destination for experiencing fly-fishers.
4. Norway: Head to Norway and explore the majestic coastline as you hunt for Atlantic salmon, cod, mackerel, and other species that inhabit these pristine waters.
5. Canada: With lakes teeming with trout and pike, Canada is an angler’s paradise no matter what season you visit. From Lake Ontario to Lake Huron, you can enjoy some of North America’s best fishing spots all year round.
6. Florida Keys: Reel in some of the biggest and rarest fish species in the warm waters off Key West, Islamorada or Marathon. From sailfish to tarpon, there is plenty of great fishing in the Keys.
7. United Kingdom: There’s no shortage of places to cast your line in Britain, from freshwater lakes to sea lochs. Scotland is a great option for salmon and trout fishing.
8. Egypt: Visit one of the world’s oldest fishing spots at Abu Qir Bay near Alexandria. This incredible area offers an array of game fish like barracuda, grouper, snapper, and bluefin tuna.
9. New Zealand: With two large islands surrounded by deep, clear water, New Zealand offers some of the best saltwater fly-fishing in the world. Head to spots like Kawhia or Whangaroa Harbour for your chance to catch kingfish, snapper, and mackerel.
10. Seychelles: The warm, clear waters of the Indian Ocean unsurprisingly make the Seychelles a popular destination for big game fishing enthusiasts. Look for sailfish, barracuda, and even marlin off these tropical islands.
11. Mexico: From Baja California to Cancun, Mexico is another wonderful fishing destination. Head to the Sea of Cortez for black Marlin, sailfish, and yellowfin tuna or try your luck fishing from the banks of the Rio Colorado.